REALGrain Organic Quinoa 有机藜麦
- Vitamins E族维生素
Health Benefits of Quinoa
- Full of Antioxidants
- Protects Heart Health
- Can Help Detoxify the Body
- Good Source of Fiber Which Improves Digestive Health
- A Naturally Gluten Free Grain
- Helps Slow Down Absorption of Sugar in the Blood, Helping to Prevent Diabetes
- Better at Preventing Obesity than Refined Grains
Out of stock
❤Toasted Quinoa & Oats Hot Cereal❤
Combine the nutty taste of toasted quinoa with the hearty texture of old-fashioned oats for a delicious, protein and fiber-packed take on hot cereal.
BSF Kitchen Test: 7/15/15
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
• ¼ cup organic quinoa
• ¾ cup regular rolled oats
• 3 cups of water or milk
• 1 cup fruit (dried or fresh) or nuts
1. Place quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse well with cold water to remove saponin (the natural coating on quinoa that can give it a bitter flavor) and drain well.
2. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of oil (olive, sunflower or coconut are good choices).
3. Add quinoa and cook, stirring continually until the quinoa is toasted (2 to 4 minutes).
4. Add oats, water/milk, and any fruits and nuts of your choice and bring to a boil.
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and allow to a simmer uncovered for 7-10 minutes to desired consistency.
6. Serve topped with your favorite sweetener. Enjoy!
When cooked right, quinoa is light and fluffy. When paired with dried fruit and maple syrup the effect is quite delicious. Quinoa is a great source of protein, fiber, and minerals, which makes it a great kick-start for your day.
BSF Kitchen Test: (08/21/17)
INGREDIENTS (Makes 3 cups):
• 1 cup organic quinoa
• 2 cups water
• Dried fruit
• Sweetener of your choice
1. Rinse the quinoa under running water to remove the bitter-tasting natural coating and drain the quinoa well.
2. Place quinoa in the pot and toast until it gives off a nutty aroma.
3. Add water and cook until water is absorbed.
4. Top with dried fruit (we chose raisins), sweetener (honey, syrup, or agave nectar are all delicious options) and enjoy!